The Controversial Warisan Merdeka, the 100 storey skyscraper.


Read about my previous postings on the Warisan Merdeka here.
Okay - I admit that my idea may be a bit overdoing it, but then development is development, and I always believe in large scale developments. On top of that, despite all the objections that I have heard and read - I am still of the opinion that the Project need to go on. As what our PM has clarified to the press, the RM5 billion will not be from the Government funds; instead, it will be an initiative by Permodalan Nasional Berhad, PNB. On top of that, the entire development will be developed over 10 years - or say even if its 5 years - the average expenditure would be about RM1 billion per annum. And to think about it - I highly doubt that PNB will be keeping the entire development to themselves - surely there are some commercial office and residential elements that are for launch and for sale?

Even if there is nothing for sale or launch, there will be rental proceeds and yields. It may not be much as compared to the yield vs value, but if compared to construction costs, I'm quite sure the project still can fetch yields of 6% upwards. The project is here to stay nonetheless. That I know, for sure. =)

Anyways, at the time of writing, it seems like the Facebook Group -http://www.facebook.com/NoMegaTower - the one against this 100 storey tower had garnered over 195,000 'likes'. At first I was quite impressed with the numbers... but then after reading a lot of the comments and remarks - I am just quite disgusted.

If you read those comments - you'll get plenty of random threats - saying how the votes will go to the opposition and so on if the tower continues; some even asked for "No Mega Tower, We want free toll", some asked for free scholarships, free this, free that, more subsidy, more this, more that... I find it ridiculously funny that a lot of these 'fans' were not objecting the project for the right reasons. I believe in this - nothing is free in this world.

I think the right reasons to object - would be like... solve the traffic congestion problem first. Traffic dispersal schemes and so on. Some of the fans came up with these comments - but many others... they were just bashing the project cos they probably didnt like BN.

Found this picture online, seems quite impressive. =P

I kinda lazy to reply comments for this post; so comment box is closed =)