The Controversial Warisan Merdeka, the 100 storey skyscraper. - Part 2.


So, I posted the 1st part of the Warisan Merdeka post yesterday. Mind you - I had quite some interesting comments and replies. I shall reply some of the constructive ones ok. =)

Anonymous said...
That seems pretty ambitious.
October 19, 2010 2:14 AM

I admit that my idea is pretty ambitious, but it'll only add value to the Warisan Merdeka. =)

Jasonmumbles said...
At the rate you are proposing, you might as well ask the Government to chase all the occupants/tenants away and demolish any buildings that are built before 1990 and make way for new shopping complexes, hotels, commercial buildings and more towers. I for one think that we have way more than enough shopping center in KL itself. To date, I only visit a few shopping complex consistently while others, probably once or none since I came to KL four months ago.

I don't mind if its located way off KL itself, as it might bring up a new townships, housing areas and stuffs. It also helps to disperse the high density area within KL itself, making more reasons for people to shop within their areas and make the traffic less jammed.

Development is good, but do we really need another 100 floors tower?

Ahh.. a comment from Jason. I wont ask the Government to chase out all the occupants out of buildings that are built before 1990, but I would love to re-plan that part of KL. The Bomba should be relocated, together with all the old-school San Peng flats. A new 100 storey tower can do the economy good - imagine all the economic spinoffs and jobs that it can create and generate!

taufulou said...
i am one of them that AGAINST that building.. with that kind of fund, why they do not want to build a better MRT system that ease the bad traffic in the city.. with alot of big cities, they certainly spend alot of money in their public transportation.. in becoming a shopping hub.. public transportation definately a must as I do travel a few countries as their develop nation.. they sure do have GOOD PUBLIC Transportation..like Taiwan, Aus, Hong Kong, Singapore. . That's what i think they gov should imporvise on instead of that building. . .


They are building the better MRT system now; thats at RM40b. Money has to be spent on public transportation - that is for sure. But the right planning makes a difference as well. What I would like is that the people - who are staying far out like Seremban or Rawang - to shift back into Klang Valley. That way - we're reducing the commuting time - and can possible improve productivity of the citizens.

GL said...
I like your irony and humour.

Might as well develop further in one go until Stadium Bukit Jalil.. And it will be a mega-metropolis.. Then we will have congestions all over the mega-metropolis and new satellite cities will be budding all over surrounding area of the whole mega-metropolis..


Nah - all the way to Bukit Jalil would be WAY TOO FAR out. I think we should expand it until the Sg Besi airport area as well as the old Istana Negara; on Jalan Loke Yew, it is about enough already, and for the northern direction - perhaps a little bit more into Sentul.

A thinker said...
Well, the thing is, KLCC finished in 1998, but until now, the constructions of other commercially driven projects around it has yet to stop!!! Look at Esso, G Tower, Platinum Park etc. Imagine another KLCC (Warisan), with the same spillover effects!!! I'm in line with Eric.

Thank you for agreeing with my idea. From KLCC - the areas like Stonor, Binjai, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng and even Jalan Ampang came out. With this Warisan Merdeka - we'll be looking at developments that would benefit Cheras direction a lot.
______________

I admit that I quite agree with some of the comments that I read online. Why spend RM5billion on this development when you can pump in more money into hospitals, education etc etc. What a waste etc etc.. All these and a lot more other nasty remarks. I think that this 100 storey building - is able to stir up our economy a lot. This Rm5bil, coupled with all the other costs of infrastructure upgrading and public transport constructions and upgrades will benefit at least 100 different sectors of the economy.

I read this in The Star today - as quoted by our PM.

The 100-storey building under the Warisan Merdeka mega project will have a multiple effect on the economy and be able to generate business opportunities for all races, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. When former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad had wanted to build the Penang Bridge, the decision drew criticism but the people of Penang want a second bridge now.“The same happened when we wanted to build the (Petronas) Twin Towers. The decision was also questioned. “Our rationale for wanting the 100-storey building is the same. We want to have a building that will reflect Malaysia as a modern and developed nation,” said the Prime Minister at a press conference after a closed-door session with Umno delegates attending the party’s annual general assembly. The RM5bil Warisan Merdeka is an integrated development project comprising a 100-storey tower – the tallest in Malaysia – as well as retaining Stadium Merdeka and Stadium Negara as national heritage.

I would love an opportunity to work on this project - whether as a contractor, or the developer, or even as part of the 'think-tank' committee! While many people out there are rejecting this project and expecting it to fail - I for one is very optimistic and confident that this Project will turn out to be yet another of our national success stories...